Claim Procedure: Some Important Factors:
Some Important points to be kept in mind in the event of loss or damage indemnifiable under an insurance policy:
- Loss or damage should be reported to company immediately.
- On receipt of claim intimation, the company will appoint Govt. Licensed Surveyor to investigate / assess the loss.
- The claimant should extend full co-operation to the surveyors and provide all requisite details / documents as required the surveyors.
- On agreement of the loss amount an acceptance letter obtained and the survey report is issued.
- In case the loss is not established, it would for the insured to prove that the loss or damage had occurred due to the peril in insured.
- On finalization of the survey report, the claim settled.